The International Baccalaureate at PMSA
We are very pleased to announce that PMSA was awarded a Certificate of Authorization to offer the Diploma Programme of the International Baccalaureate on January 28, 2016. Students participating in the IB Diploma Programme are eligible to earn an International Baccalaureate Diploma.
The IB Diploma Programme takes place over the final two years of a student's high school career (11th and 12th grades). Students may enter the IB Diploma Programme at PMSA in one of two ways:
- Any student who successfully completes the PMSA Pre-IB Program may opt to register as PMSA IB Diploma Candidate (taking all IB Diploma Courses and fulfilling IB Core Requirements) or as a PMSA IB Certificate Course Candidate (taking 1-3 IB Diploma Courses and/or Core Requirements).
Sophomore students in good standing who have not been part of the PMSA Pre-IB Program may apply for the IB Diploma Programme during their 10th grade year. An informational meeting for students and parents will be held each October to explain the program and the application process. Please click on the "PMSA 10th Grade Application" link below for more information on the IB Diploma Programme and how to apply.
Please use the links below to access the PMSA 10th Grade Student Application for Candidacy and for PMSA's IB Diploma Programme policies.
- PMSA IB Diploma Programme Admissions Policy
- PMSA IB Diploma Programme Academic Honesty Policy
- PMSA IB Diploma Programme Assessment Policy
- PMSA IB Diploma Programme Language Policy
For more information or if you have any questions about the IB Diploma Programme or the PMSA Pre-IB Program, please contact Mrs. Rebecca Tanaka, IB Diploma Programme Coordinator.
Phone: (708) 338-4169.