Possibly. We will make a final decision in spring 2019 on if you will be allowed to keep the laptop this summer, or if it will be collected and reissued to you at the beginning of the school year.
Are there rules which let me know what is acceptable when using a District issued laptop?
The laptop you received and all of its components are the property of District 209. To that end, there are policies and guidelines that govern your use of technology on and off the school’s campus including, but not limited to:
- You are the only authorized user of your assigned laptop. Laptops (or their components) should not be traded with other students or individuals.
- District 209 makes no claim of privacy. Devices, software, files, and emails may be reviewed by an administrator at any time.
- You must respect the privacy rights of others. It is unlawful to disclose, use, or spread personal information regarding minors (students) without the written consent of the parents or guardians.
- You are not to submit, post, publish or display any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane sexually-oriented, threatening, racially offensive, harassing, or illegal material.
- Care should be taken to protect the laptop from damaging messages or viruses.
- You should not tamper with any settings or hardware on the laptop.
Failure to follow policies and guidelines may result in disciplinary action or other consequences. For more information, please review the Student Handbook for Internet Acceptable Use, Guidelines for Student Distribution of Non-School Publications, Technology Acceptable Use, and District 209 Board of Education Policy 6:235, Access to Electronic Networks.