Dual Credit and Dual Enrollment

  • DC
    Proviso Township High Schools partners with Triton College and other colleges to offer Dual Enrollment and Dual Credit courses.

    We have a Dual Credit agreement with multiple colleges, including Triton College, where students can earn college and high school credit for specific classes taken at Proviso. These classes are taught by teachers who are qualified to teach both. The Dual Credit program is open to students currently enrolled in, or are interested in taking, Advanced Placement courses. Courses with a dual credit option are denoted with “DC” or Dual Credit next to their titles in the Curriculum Handbook. Students should contact their counselor for information regarding eligibility and registration.

    Talented Juniors and Seniors may be enrolled simultaneously in high school and college if the District has a formal agreement with the college. Interested students should contact their counselor for information regarding eligibility and registration.

    Eligible students may need to:

    • Complete the Dual Enrollment Application HERE 
    • Eligible students must obtain written permission from their school counselor and head school Principal. The form will be submitted to the Dept. of Student Services for final approval.
    • Once approved by the Department of Student Services, the students need to create an account for Triton College.
    • Students will then need to go into their account and apply to be accepted to Triton College. 
    • Students must then meet one of the following multiple measure scores below to be eligible to receive the potential Dual Credit:
      • The assessment may be waived with ACT test scores of 20 in English and Writing and a score of 23 in Math or SAT test scores of 520 in English and 580 in Math.
      • All students planning to enroll in the Nursing Assistant Program must earn a score of 80 in the reading portion of the placement test to qualify. 
      • If students do not meet the above criteria, they must take the ACCUPLACER Assessment and pass it to be eligible to receive dual credit.