What is mentorship?
The PMSA Research Mentorship Program provides an opportunity for students to obtain individualized guidance from a professional. Where possible, student participants are paired with a mentor knowledgeable in a similar field of study, research interest, and/or extracurricular activity. Student researchers will be expected to attend class daily and their assigned mentorship day weekly.
The following represents a selection of required activities:
- Review Research Core Concepts introduced during their Junior Year
- Create and Present a Personal College Presentation
- Develop an Electronic Portfolio
- Maintain a Research Journal
- Participate in Weekly Workshop Contributions
- Develop and present a Research Lesson to be presented to the Junior Research Core Students
- Work side by side with a Mentor
- Develop a Research Question
- Develop and write a Literature Review
- Create and format a Research Poster
- Present at the Annual Research Symposium
- Participate in Closing Tasks and Activities