Student E-Mail and Office 365 Responsibilities
All PMSA students are provided access to Proviso Office 365 cloud-based services and have web access to the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other features. In addition, students are provided with an email address, OneDrive for online storage, and several other tools. This opportunity supports the District’s goal of providing equitable access to resources that support extending and personalizing learning beyond the classroom.
The following is the Agreement for Acceptable Use of Office 365 for Students that must be signed by all parents/guardians and students:
I understand that with this opportunity comes responsibility. I am expected to exercise good digital citizenship and appropriate use including:
- Safeguarding my individual account by not sharing passwords with others.
- Using my account for educational purposes only.
- Not violating the Student Acceptable Use policy as outlined in the student handbook.
- Remembering that any communication that I send using my account is a representation of both my school and myself.
I understand that inappropriate use can include, but is not limited to the following:
- Posting messages or accessing materials that are abusive, obscene, sexually-oriented, threatening, harassing, damaging to the another’s reputation, or illegal.
- Downloading or using copyrighted information without the permission of the copyright holder.
- Posting personal information about myself or others.
- Using the system for any illegal purpose.
- Using another person’s account.
- Gaining unauthorized access to restricted information or resources.
I understand that there are no expectations of privacy in the use of the District’s systems, email, or equipment. I further understand that the consequences for inappropriate use may include my access privileges being revoked, school disciplinary action, and/or appropriate legal action may be taken.
Additionally, students must abide by the District 209 Technology Acceptable Use Policy
This is a summary of the Proviso Township High School District 209 Technology Acceptable Use Policy. I understand that:
- The primary purpose for access is educational, and as such, educational purposes shall take precedence over others.
- Access is a privilege and not a right. I accept that inappropriate behavior may lead to penalties including rescinding accounts, disciplinary action and/or legal action.
- Proviso Township High Schools makes no claim of privacy. Software, files, and email may be reviewed.
- I am not allowed to play games, use chat rooms, and download executable programs or music without authorization.
- I will not participate in the transfer of inappropriate or illegal materials through the Proviso Township High School Network.
- I will not allow other individuals to use my account for network activities, nor will I give anyone my password.
- I may not connect my personal computer, sever, or digital devices to the school network without authorization.
- I may not access, submit, post, publish or display any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane sexually oriented, threatening, racially offensive, harassing, or illegal material.
- I may not disclose, use, or disseminate personal information regarding minors (students) without the expressed consent of the parent or legal guardian.