Thirteen students from Proviso East High School, Proviso West High School, and Proviso Mathematics and Science Academy earned the highest rating and other honors at the Illinois High School Association solo-ensemble music contest at Hinsdale South High School on March 8.
The students helped the Proviso Madrigal Singers earn a judges’ score of 38.5 out of 40. This earned the Proviso singers, who were led by Ms. Salina Watson, choral music director at Proviso East and Proviso West, a "Superior Rating," which is the highest rating, and a blue-ribboned gold medal. They were the following:
- Dewon Evans, a PMSA senior
- DeAndre Little, a Proviso West junior
- Johnanthan Dudley, a Proviso East sophomore
- Tiara Daniels, a Proviso West senior
- Nygharae Sampson, a Proviso West junior
- Diana LaFlaura, a Proviso West senior
- Joy Dubose, a PMSA senior
- Eboni Bradley, a PMSA senior
- Kaleia Collins, a Proviso West senior
- Anquanice Pleasant, a Proviso West senior
- Dernisha Hoover, a Proviso West sophomore
- Alexia Quiroz, a Proviso West freshman
- Griselda Aburto, a Proviso West freshman
"While this is not the entire group, these students definitely represented Proviso in a manner of excellence and showed that Proviso students are ‘Nothing but the Best!’" Ms. Watson said. "We are so very proud of your hard work and musical efforts! Keep up the great work!"
Congratulations, students! You are a vital part of Proviso Rising.