Search
Share Print
Text Size Increase Text Decrease Text

Proviso East Students “Celebrate My Drive”

October 23, 2014 03:20 PM
Celebrate_My_Drive_logo-sm
© 
Students, faculty, parents, staff, and the community can help Proviso East High School promote safe driving and compete for a chance at a $100,000 grant from State Farm Insurance’s "Celebrate My Drive" Program.

"Celebrate My Drive" was created by State Farm in 2012 to promote the concept that "safe driving is a lifelong commitment from the state." According to the National Institutes of Health, auto accidents are the number one cause of death among teens in the United States, with a teen’s first year of having their driver’s license being the most dangerous.

"This is about celebrating this big, new life of freedom that comes with a driver’s license," the description of the campaign at the program’s website at CelebrateMyDrive.com said. "Part of that life means making smart choices behind the wheel, which is why we’re spreading the message of 2N2® – 2 eyes on the road, 2 hands on the wheel. It’s a simple habit that can reduce distracted driving and help new drivers build confidence on the road."

Two high schools in the country will win the grand prize of a free concert by The Band Perry as well as a $100,000 grant. Ten schools will each win a $100,000 grant, while 90 schools will each receive the second-place prize of a $25,000 grant. Of the grant money, 10 percent would need to be spent on a teen drive safety program, with the other 90 percent available to use on school-related needs.

The campaign runs from October 15 through 24. To help, go to CelebrateMyDrive.com, register, select Proviso East, and answer a question on safe driving. Daily visits from students who commit to safe driving increase the chances of Proviso East winning a prize.

"The safety of our students is always a top concern in our schools," said Mr. Tony Valente, principal at Proviso East. "Promoting safe driving habits is one way that we can help our students be safe when they are not in school. This is an opportunity to pair up with State Farm to help kids be better drivers."
 
###
 

Back

 
 
 
Proviso Township High Schools District 209 8601 Roosevelt Road, Forest Park, IL 60130
© 2017 Proviso High School District #209. All Right Reserved|Terms & Conditions|Privacy Policy|Sitemap
SITE BY Americaneagle.com